Frequently asked questions
How the app helps to stop the spread of coronavirus
How the app works
- How to use the CoronaMelder app?
- How will the app help to stop coronavirus?
- Is the app compulsory?
- What should I do if I get a notification?
- When will I get a notification?
- Is the app secure?
- How does the CoronaMelder app measure the distance to other users of the app?
- What about my privacy?
- What technology does the app use?
- How does the app work?
- Will the CoronaMelder app work on my phone?
- Will the app drain my phone battery?
- I already use a corona app from another European country. Can I use both apps at the same time?
- What were the results of the real-life trials with the app?
- Where can I report misuse of the app?
- Could the testing advice provided by the app change?
- How can I publicise the app within my organisation?
- Can I pause the app while I am at school, at work or exercising?
- Where can I get help installing the app?
- Where can I find information about the app in language that is easy to understand?
- Is there a publicity campaign for the CoronaMelder app?
- What should I do if I receive a notification about 24 hours with no checks by the app?
- What are all these strange codes that I can see in my phone's exposure log?
- What does a notification mean?
- How reliable are the notifications?
- Can the app tell exactly what the distance was?
- What does the law say about the app?