Can I pause the app?
Yes, you can pause the CoronaMelder app. The app will then temporarily stop tracking whether you are close to other app users. This is useful if you are leaving your phone in a locker or a ‘phone pocket’ while you are at work or at school.
You will need to turn the CoronaMelder app back on manually afterwards. You can choose the interval after which you will get a reminder from the app to turn it back on, up to a maximum of 12 hours.
You can pause the app as follows:
- Open the CoronaMelder app.
- Tap on ‘Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Pause the app’.
- On the next screen, tap on ‘Yes, pause’.
- Choose after how many hours you want to get a reminder to turn the CoronaMelder app back on: one, two, four, eight or 12 hours.
- The pause function does not end automatically – you always need to turn the app back on again manually.
- While the pause function is activated, you will not get any notifications from the CoronaMelder app if you have been near someone with the coronavirus (before you paused the app). As soon as you turn the CoronaMelder app back on again, the app will check whether you have any notifications. If so, the app will then display these notifications. This way, you will not miss any notifications, but you will get them later than normal.