Can I pause the app while I am at school, at work or exercising?
Yes, you can pause the CoronaMelder app. The app will then temporarily stop tracking whether you are close to other app users. This is useful if you are leaving your phone in a locker or another central location while you are at work or at school.
You will need to turn CoronaMelder back on manually afterwards. You can choose the interval after which you will receive a reminder from the app to turn it back on, up to a maximum of 12 hours.
You can pause the app as follows:
- Open the CoronaMelder app.
- Tap on ‘Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Pause the app’.
- On the next screen, tap on ‘Yes, pause’.
- Choose after how many hours you want to receive a reminder to turn CoronaMelder back on: 1, 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours.
- The pause function does not end automatically, you always need to turn the app back on again manually.
- While the pause function is activated, you will temporarily not receive any notifications from CoronaMelder if you have been near someone with coronavirus. As soon as you turn CoronaMelder back on again, the app will check whether you have any notifications. If so, the app will then display these notifications. So you will not miss any notifications while the app is paused, but you will receive them later than normal.